- Nickname: Light Sandbar
- Scientific Name: Carcharhinus plumbeus
- Arrival Date: Arrival Date: May 27, 2004
- Location: Atlantic Shark tank
- Gender: Female
- Distinguishing Characteristics: “Light Sandbar” is much lighter in color and is larger than the other sandbar shark in our Atlantic Shark tank.
- Interesting Fact: “Light Sandbar” is the fastest swimming shark at Jenkinson’s Aquarium. During the feedings, she will zoom around the tank so fast that the feeders occasionally have a hard time feeding her. She will also not eat butterfish, a fish we feed to our other sharks.